“Always hope for the best and be prepared for the worst”
“Always be prepared with a plan B, so that if plan A doesn’t work, plan B would”
“It is always better to have a backup plan and play on a safer side”
You must be thinking why am I sharing all these above sentences here? Right? Okay…! now let me explain the purpose of sharing these all here…
You would have heard the above sentences a lot many times, from a lot many people. Sometimes from your parents, teachers, colleagues, your well-wishers, relatives who always tend to give advice, and never miss a chance for lending their so-called ‘PRECIOUS’ advice that you should do this, that, some advice theoretical understanding, some from their experiences and some random.
Please don’t get me wrong, I never wish to say that they are misguiding you, or they don’t want you to succeed. Of course, they are your good-wishers and they do wish the best for you, and even they will lend you the best advice as per them… But the problem starts with the ‘MINDSET’ they all have a reserved, secured mindset. They always want you to play on a safer side. They don’t want you to take even a little bit of risk. That’s why they always suggest you to have something called as a PLAN B. That if PLAN A doesn’t work well, PLAN B will.
“If you are not willing to risk the usual,
you will have to settle up for ordinary”
– Jim Rohn
But today, I’m going to share an unconventional, uncommon advice with you. Maybe you won’t be able to agree with me, my way of thinking, but it’s all okay…! That’s the way are. We all have our own ideas, perspectives, our own views etc. They may not match with everyone, they may vary from person to person. And that’s 100% fine, because if we all will start thinking in only one direction, one way then again it would be a problem. So, my idea here is if you want ultimate success, then never play on a safer side. Because SUCCESS is not that way, in order to succeed you need to take some risks…
Because the trouble is IF YOU DON’T RISK ANYTHING, YOU RISK MORE. So, what I suggest is…
“NEVER HAVE A PLAN B”
Yes, you heard it right, NEVER HAVE A ‘BACKUP PLAN’ or a ‘PLAN B’ in life… Because if you have one, your chances of failure might increase, just because your mind is prepared with a backup plan. It knows that, if our main plan, PLAN A won’t work we do have a PLAN B, and so our priorities will also get halved, our focus, our goals, everything will be divided as well. it would also affect our work ethic.
“Security is mostly a superstition, life is either a daring adventure or nothing”
– Helen Keller
Basically, our mind needs to be conditioned, trained to stick to one plan, otherwise, it can make unlimited such plans and stick to none. Let’s imagine the other scenario…
Without PLAN B:-
- Suppose if you don’t have any PLAN B, so that means that you are gone if you failed with your PLAN A. There is no other option for you at all. Anyhow if you don’t have a PLAN B, you need to, however, succeed with your first PLAN, you have no other excuse with you, such that it’s okay if PLAN A doesn’t work, I already have a plan B etc. You just have no other option rather than getting success with your first plan, as you have the only one with you…
- If you don’t have any term such as PLAN B, you will be striving for your SUCCESS in PLAN A as bad as you want to breathe. You would be able to anyhow figure out ways to succeed in plan A because you know it deep down inside you that you don’t have any other plan if this one fails…
- Having only one plan will increase your clarity. It will help you to be more specific and clear about your tasks to be accomplished. “Clarity is the most important concept in personal productivity. The number one reason why some people get more work done faster is because they are absolutely clear about their goals and objectives and they don’t deviate from them.” Says renowned American motivational speaker, Brain Tracy. Further he says, “The more clear you are about what you want and what you have to do to achieve it, the easier it is for you to overcome procrastination.” Basically, having a plan b diverts your focus, and as a result you lack clarity and at last you loose both of your plans A and B.
“MINDWELL, SUCCESS IS NEVER BOUNDED TO THE ONE WHO IS TALENTED…!
SUCCESS IS NEVER BOUNDED TO THE ONE WHO IS LUCKY…!
SUCCESS IS NEVER BOUNDED TO THE ONE WHO IS RICH OR POWERFUL…!
ONLY PERSISTENCE, HARD-WORK ETHIC, COMMITMENT, AND DETERMINATION LEADS TO ULTIMATE SUCCESS”
Drill it in your mind, that you would never ever succeed by just trying it for a while. By having another plan, your first plan would become a trail for you. So, the moment some difficulty arises or the moment some challenges appear, you would QUIT it and start with your so called PLAN B, not even knowing whether you would make it possible for plan b or not. And that’s the surest way to fail. “Trying everything and sticking on to nothing”
Your attitude towards your goal must be like: “IT’S NOT OVER UNTIL I WIN” – Les Brown
If it is, then and only then you would be able to make up something and succeed. If not, then you will complete all the alphabets, PLAN- A, B, C, D, E,…Z and so on. And yet you would be far away from your success. So, let’s recapture the whole article at one glance…
- Have ONE FINAL PLAN FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS.
- BE READY FOR CHANGE.
- BE READY TO TAKE RISKS.
- ALWAYS REMEMBER, “IT’S NOT OVER UNTIL I WIN”
I know it was a bit bitter, and many of you may not totally agree with me, for them, I apologize for taking your time and at the same time thank them for lending me their time.
Thanks a lot for lending us some of your time, See you soon til that, KEEP SMILING_BE INSPIRED_STAY TUNED.
Featured Image credit: visualhunt.com